Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day late, dollar short. (But my life was crumbling)

So I was planning on writing last night, but there was a down and dirty brawl last night after HomelessBoy left for the week.

But let me tell you about my art gallery experience. (They don't allow camera inside, my dear!)

The ICA in Boston. Saturday, HomelessBoy and I had a date in Boston, planned entirely by him, to be things I loved. He took me there. So we started with the ICA, which is a cool little building down on the waterfront. A cantilevered building, four stories over the edge of the water. The top floor houses all the art. Being contemporary, all the art is from, well, now. But I have this photo to make you smile:

Me, mimicking the architecture of the ICA

 So we had a really great time. HB kept trying to convince me that we weren't going to the ICA, but as soon as we got off the Silver Line at Courthouse and I looked around the station, having never been there, I figured it had to be the ICA. Courthouse is the coolest T station I've ever seen. Anyway, the art is really interesting there. The first time I had ever been there was for a Shepherd Fairey exhibit. Criminal, artistic, and vagabond, he's the genius who created "Obama: Hope" and the Andre the Giant "Obey" campaign.

This time, though, the main exhibit was a man named Mark Bradford and his work was what he called "decollage" and "collage." Paper. More technique than message, so I'm not sure how I felt about it. There was an interesting exhibit on consumerism in modern society, and perhaps the best piece I saw was a drill from floor to ceiling spearing receipts. Like they do with ice to study the weather trends down in Antarctica.
A portion of Boston's skyline, as seen from the ICA.

Afterward, Dan walked me to the Aquarium to see the seals. It is my absolute favorite spot in the city. I have spent hours watching these seals. One afternoon, I spent three hours just standing there, watching them. 
The side of the ICA, as seen by HomelessBoy.

HomelessBoy and I like to stand there and hold hands.
 Saturday, however, it was chilly. I was wearing a thin wool coat and a sleeveless blue dress that was, as you can see, fairly short. Black tights, tall boots. Did not spend terribly long by the seals.




The Aquarium. To the left is the seal tank, behind the ticket tent. To the right: the IMAX theater. Viewed from the sky, it looks like a giant metal fish.

THE SEALS

HomelessBoy at dinner. Yes, he kept the napkin as a bib all night. Excellent food. I love him.




















The next step was hot chocolate and a canoli at Cafe Vitoria. My favorite. Then HomelessBoy surprised me with dinner reservations at a posh Italian place on Hanover Street, just two doors down from the cafe. He ordered for me (and I find that very sexy for some reason) -- lobster ravioli. He had free-form lasagna. Both dishes were epic. The hostess recommended a white wine that really complimented my lobster. Such a good find.

And then we went home to bed. Awesome time.
Now, Jordan, for your challenge: Same as before. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment